Heaven and Hell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heaven and Hell are Guild in the game Requiem Momento Mori

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If you have any tips or such things - write here

Go down 
+2
Luneris
Queenstar
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Queenstar
Admin

If you have any tips or such things - write here Empty
PostSubject: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:12 am

Well As the topic says =P
Back to top Go down
http://heavenandhell.heavenforum.com
Luneris
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:16 am

I can run event, i have some idea :3

Anyway can i get some admin permission and reorganize topics a little?
Also i may try to make some banner instead actual but time, time and time is needed Wink
Back to top Go down
Queenstar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:35 am

Of course!! but i have to idea how to giva ya a admin position but i'll try
Back to top Go down
BathoryLord

BathoryLord

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:54 pm

Ok as we're on different time zones and I play mostly at night I wanted to give you guys an idea for making the guildmates join the forum.
As Luneris said, it would be great to run an event but, to get the prize you must be registred in the forum... So the prize must be something really useful like 200k lant (we can raise it amongst the high level guildmates) or an item mall item (not an expensive one, can be a costume i.e.). Now the event must be something fun where anyone can partipate like:

1- Rex Race: There are 2 judges one in the starting point, another in the finish line, players can only ride the Rex free mount you get at lvl 30, other mounts/teleport/wingrider/etc. are forbiden. The race should be long and take place in a map where guildmates of every level won't get killed by the monster.

2- Hide and Seek: The guild leader or any other member hides somewhere in a map (one where guild members can survive no matter their level) first player to find the hiding member wins.

3- Screen shot a.k.a mountain climbing: The guild leader or any other member (who won't participate) posts a screenshot standing in a particular place, first guildmate to post an exact copy of the screenshot in the forums with his/her character standing in the same place wins.

Ideas are not mine, they come from the requiem forum and from my old guild in Hammerine, just an idea to have fun and having more persons in the forum.
Back to top Go down
Queenstar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:30 am

That sounds really intresting! I can provide with ONE item mall thing maybe a costume but i mean im not a ritch guy in rl so you know... But i will really try but how do we make em all go into the forums? i mean how many of you are even looking at the guild notice? the newcomers, i guess are never looking there =P

Btw i got some nice screens from climbing but i dunno if you can take an exact copy picture i mean i can bugg myself up =P But the hide and seek thing seems intresting Smile I cna hide myself in a free battle place maybe =P and the one who kills me get the point OR for a easyer way the one who hits me first =P
Back to top Go down
Luneris
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:36 pm

BathoryLord wrote:

3- Screen shot a.k.a mountain climbing: The guild leader or any other member (who won't participate) posts a screenshot standing in a particular place, first guildmate to post an exact copy of the screenshot in the forums with his/her character standing in the same place wins.

I held similar even in my previous guild, i just went to unusual places and ss it, places that are accessible without dash then every1 could participate in it -reward was lant, amount dependent at difficulty to find that place.

I also tried to run even at free battles -reward was pieces of FoC armor for winners but not many wanted to go in.

Btw if u put message in game notice like check forum and win 200k its will make ppls look at forum for sure, worked well in previous guild Wink
Back to top Go down
Queenstar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:06 pm

Okay i'll do that =P btw i'll give ya a possibility to change the guild notice to since ur a moderator/admin here so =P
Back to top Go down
Bomaster
Admin
Bomaster

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:43 am

i suggest a reworking of the colour scheme, its a bit of a chore to navigate and read. also more topics about different things such as real life activity's, movies, other games you play, things you found on youtube and so on. as i may have mentioned before, i am a member of Europe's biggest left for dead and team fortress2 clan. we have a very popular forum with over 10,000 hits a day and over a thousand people signed up to the forum. check it out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and take some notes from its layout and structure. the most popular parts of the forum are the non gaming related parts so dont be afraid to just post whats on your mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehh.co.uk
Queenstar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:52 am

well it's supposed to just be a forum to our guild and not "outsiders" =P
Back to top Go down
Bomaster
Admin
Bomaster

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:04 pm

i know but to get people more interested in it, give them more of a reason to post something Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Luneris
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:48 pm

hmm i can add some more topics about activity but working with colors its kinda risky with my current poor monitor :p
I looked at that site and it may be little hard to make similar "theme" here but ill try to improve it, tho always lack of time Wink
Back to top Go down
Queenstar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Cool =D just take ur time Lune =P
Back to top Go down
Bomaster
Admin
Bomaster

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:15 pm

loving the new forum look. nice work indeed m8
Back to top Go down
Queenstar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:32 pm

uuhm it kinda hurt my eyes alittle xD
Back to top Go down
Luneris
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:16 pm

Still there are some things to do. Queen if u wanna change colors, give me example of color and where u wanna see it and ill try to change it if new color will be good Wink
Back to top Go down
Queenstar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:43 pm

well the thing i mean about "hurt my eyes" there are a very black screen with some very "light" parts that just stick to much out like when i write this.. black in the background but totally white now when i write this Razz
Back to top Go down
Bomaster
Admin
Bomaster

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:29 pm

was just thinking, were nearing the max guild member count, maybe there should be a limit of how many toons per person allowed in the guild. also a list or rules wouldn't go a miss. such as (altho im probably guilty of this myself) language and conduct on guild chat, as well as max un notified days afk and perhaps i minimum guild raid quota. not to be put in place to punish not so active members but to persuade them to be more involved in raids and loot runs. also whats the point in having 60 guild members when most keep to themselves and don't contribute. again, this isnt to be more elitist but to get more members involved in the day to day activities. i know for a fact its much easier and quicker to get through the lower levels if you got someone else to help you.

one last thing. we seem to have alot of toons in the +50's but only me verox and lionn are lvl65. if we wish to be raiding ruinhorn and biskra we will need at least 7 65+ players involved, so maybe start thinking about sticking to one toon more. i dont have much to do at the moment except level up my warrior. i am more than willing to help people get to 65.
Back to top Go down
Queenstar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:36 am

Im going to hit 65 as soon as possible Razz i will be in 65 in hopefully like 2 weeks MAXIMUM!

And the rules are good but i mean if someone brakes em? what should the punishment be? i dont like to be a punishment person so Razz up with suggestions!
Back to top Go down
HeavenlyPride

HeavenlyPride

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:26 pm

I do believe that the new guild member limit in S2 is 100 members, but unsure. All I know is that the last guild I was in had 99 members before we decided to make a second guild under an alias similar to the original. Now, as for requirements to be in the guild, an inactivity period is smartest I think. Members who go a month without so much as at least signing on aren't very good members to keep. Basing it on a raid quota is iffy, as some of the newer player may be too low, or prefer to do PvP instead of PvE. I do like the inactivity limit though.

Now, if the guild does get full, then making a second isn't such a bad idea. One of the members from the original guild could run it in conjunction with Queen. However, the person who should run the second should be voted on by the first. And I for one, do not want to run a guild again. Now, if Queen want to run it too, I'ld be fine with that, but I know from watching it happen, one person running two guilds is very difficult since members will leave if they don't see the Guild Master on much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wtrsrph
Queenstar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:38 pm

true i can't cut myself into two xD

but ur ideas are good Very Happy but one thing i would like to tell all! i dont see myself much as a leader rather a person who just follow other Razz

but since my old guild Renegades quit and they all went to Aion i was alone with maybe 2 or 3 members so i left and met deadly Very Happy and i was almost in <3 "okay in a friendly way! nothing else!" so we two desided to make a guild for just fun nothing more Smile first we thought just the two of us or something but after a while more and more people joined and see what we are now Very Happy what can i say im really really happy that the guild has gotten this far !

THANKS to ALL Smile

anyway onto topic Razz i dont see a point in making a alt guild ATM but later on it would be great if we even get that big i mean Razz
well i suggest that we after a while like if your gone for more then 20 days and ur a 50 without saying anything i would kick him/her kay? a lvl 60+ 30 days and lover then 50 i'll kick people after 14 days without hearing anything from him/her how does that sound?
Back to top Go down
Luneris
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:46 pm

owww, i just noticed that i left default icons at topics -that guy with gun- idk how it avoided my attention but will be fixed asap to something more requiem looking Smile
Tell me if something need to be fixed too(best would be screen shoot and how u want it to look). Im kinda busy lately and dont have time to check all things (typing colors will be fixed Queen) Razz

100 members was max in s1 now it same i think. We shouldnt think about next part of out guild till we got about 90 active members. Punishment for being inactive is good option tho soon i would kick myself Laughing
Also we can make some rule if som1 dont raid with us (but he have good lvl for raids) he cant lent/use items from guild bank.
Back to top Go down
Queenstar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:50 pm

sounds good Lune Very Happy Glad to see you again Smile

and what shall i post for a Screeshot? i think ur doin fina on your own Very Happy im gettin used to this theme now xD
Back to top Go down
Luneris
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:08 pm

i mean screen shoot that show thing u wanna change, like some bar or icon Wink
Back to top Go down
Queenstar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:12 pm

aha then i will say change the counterstrike icone to something else and maybe the pumpkins to to something else so you see easier if there has been any new post there or not Razz that's the only thing i can come up with for now Smile
Back to top Go down
Bomaster
Admin
Bomaster

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:49 pm

i think a raid quota as well as afk kick (without notification) is the way forward. you mention "what if people pvp more and dont want to raid" to that i would say why have them in the guild if they dont contribute to anything?

also, yeh the guild member limit in s1 was 60, so no issue there at all, forget i said it Razz

what about a guild rule book? as a community grows this is needed more and more, it stops alot of arguments over behavior in its tracks. if its written down clearly there is no argument. and i know this from experience as the other gaming clan im in went from 20 members to 4000 (2nd biggest to wireplay) in 1 year. after a few months this had to be implemented and there is nothing more handy as a server administrator than a rule book or code of conduct to call on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you have any tips or such things - write here   If you have any tips or such things - write here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you have any tips or such things - write here
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heaven and Hell :: General Discussion :: Tips about how to make things better-
Jump to: